This is a 12V 1A switch-mode voltage regulator. It is a high-efficiency replacement for popular three-terminal linear regulators. It is pin-to-pin compatible with the common LM7812 linear regulators. The maximum output is 1A of continuous current. It is a true drop in replacement for a TO-220 LM7812. All the required capacitors are included on the module, no external capacitors are required. No heatsink required, even at 1A continuous. The output voltage guaranteed to be within +/-2% tolerance. The module has thermal shutdown and current limit protection. Definitely no heatsink required. The board is small in size and breadboard friendly, making it an ideal solutions for breadboard prototyping.
- Drop-in replacement of 3-terminal LM7812 or equivalent linear voltage regulator.
- Guaranteed 1A output current
- Very wide input voltage range up to 14V to 36V
- Suitable for use in Automobiles
- High efficiency, greater than 70% for loads greater than 1mA, peak efficiency achieved of 90% at 300mA load current.
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
- Breadboard friendly
- Board dimensions are 0.51" x 0.75" or 12.9mm x 19mm excluding pins. With pins 1.09" or 27.75mm.
- Definitely no heatsink required.
- All components are mounted on one side of the PCB
- Highest component is the inductor at 5mm above the PCB, Next highest is the connector at 0.15" including the thickness of the PCB
- Available with straight or right angled pins or without pins.
- Weighs only 0.04 Ounce or 1.3g, ideal for RC model aircraft or quadcopters.
- Can drive inductive loads such as DC motors.
- 500kHz Switching Frequency
- Made in the USA The photographs show an LM7812 next to the PSU3-12 module for a size comparison.
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register